Hi beautiful people,
So glad to be here with you today. I taught this class this morning, under a balsamic moon. It is clear and cold here in Portland, and we began class with a discussion about how autumn is affecting our bodies and energy. This time of year (in the Northern Hemispehere) tends to scatter and pull our energy and can leave us feeling depleted. We worked with some centering in the Manipura Chakra, physically located around the solar plexus. It felt very grounding!
This class is an all-levels class, where we get into the nitty-gritty of the shoulders and core. We practice sirsasana using the 3-block method. If you have never practiced this before, check out this video first.
Also, NO WEIGHT ON YOUR HEAD! (I rarely give directions in all-caps, so you know I mean it. <3)
Thank you for being here.
Sounds to tend the heart-fire:
You can listen here. You can also listen directly from any podcast app by searching for “sunrose yoga” and subscribing. Subscribing means you’ll get episodes as soon as I release them without having to search. Yay!
- Are you looking to take your yoga practice to the next level? Would you like to learn the yoga beyond the poses? Jai! I have a class just for you– Whole Yoga: The Other 7 Limbs focuses on the other ways we can yoke with our divine nature: meditation, pranayama, mantra, ethics, concentration practices and more. Meeting in-person on Wednesdays, 9-10am at 4940 NE 16th Avenue (16th & Alberta) and ONLINE anytime. Here’s the newsletter with more details. Connect with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whole Yoga Online is available anytime! Sign-up here.
I ADORE hearing from you. Thank you for all of your sharing. I received SUCH an out-pouring of sweetness in response to my "I am this way on purpose// You are your own medicine" post. It really made my heart swell. THANK you. LOVE.
- email: sunroseyoga @ gmail . com
- voicemail: 503-583-2599
- twitter: http://twitter.com/kellysunrose
- instagram: http://instagram.com/kelly_sunrose
Thank you to everyone who has donated to the podcast! You make this possible!
If you enjoy this podcast, please consider donating via paypal (secure) by clicking here or on that pretty little button below. Your support helps make this podcast possible. I hope to continue offering this podcast for free and your donation today can help make that happen. I truly am honored to have you as a listener and fellow yogi. BLESSINGS.
Cow & Cat from heart//
Table-Devotional-Table-Down dog vinyasa//
Dynamic lunge-- from the hips//
Lunge & twisting lunge//
Abhaya mudra// Fear not- I am not afraid//
3-block sirsasana// 3-block dolphin
Legs up the wall// & variations
For more photos and articles, visit Sunrose Yoga online.